Welcome to Culture Palette!

Thanks for visiting my blog! This blog was created with hopes that it can be a hub of sorts for people to connect and share their cultural experiences/knowledge and how it relates to the business world.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nice to meet you.

Hey everyone! I'm new to the blogging community so i just thought I would introduce myself at a deeper level. I've been moving around my whole life. After being born in Easton Pennsylvania, I moved to Thailand where I stayed for the first couple years of my life. Soon after, I moved with my family to Thailand where I stayed until I was five. Afterwards, I moved to Taiwan with my family and started my pre-kindergarten years there. However it wasn't long until we moved again, back to Thailand where I graduated from elementary school. At this point I was beginning middle school (6th grade) and again, my parents decided to move because of some potential business opportunities that they saw in a little city called Kunming, China. It was not an easy transition going from one school to the next especially at that age. However, I still managed to integrate into the community there and gained a handful of new friends. By the end of my 8th year, I made a personal choice and persuaded my parents to allow both my sister and I to go back to Thailand where we could graduate from High- School. Albeit the initial hesitation, my parents agreed and sent me and my sister back to Thailand. I graduated from an international school there and got accepted into the University of British Columbia where I studied business for a year. Why for only 1 year? well, after my freshman year my parents felt that I wasn't taking advantage of my U.S. citizenship enough and that i should be developing myself in the U.S. and not Canada. It took me a while to plan things out but eventually i adhered to their request and moved to Los Angeles California (woot! woot!) In retrospect, I'm more than glad my life has been a series of transitions one after another because it has instilled in me the ability to be culturally sensitive and adapt to different situations. Currently enrolled at USC, I am continuing my passion for business but this time, with an emphasis on international relations ( I know... it totally makes sense right? :P) anyhow, I realized i really enjoyed sharing my experiences to people i meet everyday and thought that maybe i should create a blog where ppl can share these experiences and learn from them! Obviously a blog on the topic of just "culture" would be too ambiguous and vague so I would like people to share their cultural experiences in relation to the business world. Happy Blogging everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Christopher: Cross-cultural business is where all the action is happening in the world. And based on your background, you've got a good perspective to share. Congrats on this blog - I expect great things to come of it. Joy

    ReplyDelete